And now, the Swedish vacationer board is reclaiming these names in a brand new advertising and marketing marketing campaign, designed to get folks realizing the elegant originals, in addition to the knock-offs.
That rest room brush, for instance, is known as after Bolmen, a fairly, tree-fringed lake within the Småland area of southern Sweden.
And that trash can? Toftan is one other lovely lake — this time within the Dalarna area within the middle of the nation. Misterhult, in the meantime, additionally in Småland, is a fascinating archipelago of two,000 islands — or a lamp.
Nils Perrson, chief advertising and marketing officer of Go to Sweden, mentioned that he didn’t begrudge IKEA the names.
“We’re happy with IKEA and, in a method, you may say that they helped us make Swedish locations world-famous by the names they borrowed for his or her merchandise,” he mentioned in a press release.
However he added that now was the time to “present the originals behind the product names.”
Bolmen is a lovely lake, say locals, not only a rest room brush.
Not least as a result of, such is the facility of IKEA, a easy on-line seek for these areas will normally pull up the product itemizing earlier than something associated to the place.
Kallax, for instance, is greater than an IKEA shelf — it’s a surprising seaside spot in Swedish Lapland, well-known for its notably pungent fermented herring. And the forest of Höljes — identified to IKEA followers as a lamp — is in reality one of many least populated areas of Sweden.
There’s even a UNESCO-protected space in there — Bodviken, a mountain lake within the protected Excessive Coast space of northern Sweden. IKEA has it as a washbasin.
‘Greater than a bathroom brush’
For the marketing campaign, an indication studying “Welcome to Bolmen: greater than an IKEA rest room brush” was erected on the lakeside.
A spokesperson for Go to Sweden advised CNN: “The cities within the neighborhood are very happy with this initiative to say again the lake from being often known as an IKEA rest room brush and are totally behind it.”
“We do respect that IKEA has named a product for our lovely lake… However now we wish to present the world that Bolmen is a lot greater than an merchandise with which you clear your rest room,” mentioned Magnus Gunnarsson, a neighborhood councilor, in a press release.
“It’s an extremely lovely place, a lot cherished by us locals. We wish to invite the entire world to spend time in our fantastic, unspoiled pure atmosphere, displaying the identical care we do and having fun with the crystal-clear water.”
A spokesperson for IKEA advised CNN: “It’s undoubtedly time for a number of the locations whose names are used for a few of our hottest merchandise to additionally get some consideration. They’ve earned it, to say the least.
“It’s also nice enjoyable with an initiative that helps spreading the story behind a few of our product names to the many individuals.”
The 21 locations Sweden is “reclaiming” from IKEA are as follows:
• Bolmen, a big lake within the Småland area of southern Sweden (or rest room brush)
• Järvfjället, a mountain in Swedish Lapland (or gaming chair)
• Ektorp, a suburb of Stockholm (or a settee)
• Skärhamn, a fishing village on the island of Tjörn (or door deal with)
• Stubbarp, a city 300 miles south of Stockholm (or cupboard legs)
• Kallax, a village close to Luleå in Swedish Lapland (or storage shelf)
• Höljes, a forest within the Värmland area (or pendant lamp)
• Hemsjö, a village within the Blekinge area (or candle)
• Toftan, a lake within the Dalarna area (or trash can)
• Mästerby, an historic battleground on the island of Gotland (or a stool)
• Voxnan, a river with waterfalls and rapids within the Hälsingland area (or bathe shelf)
• Himleån, space of ravines within the Halland area (or tub towel)
• Laxviken, a fairly village within the Jämtland Härjedalen area (or cupboard door)
• Ingatorp, a historic village in Småland (or extendable desk)
• Misterhult, a 2000-island archipelago close to Kalmar in Småland (or bamboo lamp)
• Vrena, a village close to the east coast within the Sörmland area (or countertop)
• Björksta, a village near Uppsala (or image body)
• Norberg, a small city in Västmanland area (or folding desk)
• Askersund, a city close to Örebro in central Sweden (or cupboard door)
• Rimforsa, a small village within the Östergötland area of east Sweden (or work bench)
• Bodviken, a mountain lake within the UNESCO World heritage space of the Excessive Coast in northern Sweden (or washbasin)
Submit your blog on Add Your Hyperlink Free (AYLF) free of charge excessive authority backlink.